Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Happy Birthday Anna!

Anna's one of our vegans in the building here at work, and she looooves to cook/bake as much as I do (or more!). I have to admit, I sometimes feel skeptical about what she wants me to try because, well, it's vegan! But wow, everything's been pretty good - the last cupcake she brought in, some sort of hazelnut cupcake with a mousse on the inside and maybe a frosting on top if I remember correctly? - was GREAT!

Today she's outdone herself. For her birthday she made these vegan "Oreo" cupcakes - I guess the vegan version of Oreos are Numinoes? Talk about rich and delicious! YUM!

So Happy Birthday Anna - and thanks for the lethal breathfast! Wait...lethal? HA! It's vegan - I'm sure I could eat a dozen of these things and only get healthier...

PS Trying out the new cell phone camera here...

4 comments:

Peter said...

Vegan?

[sigh]

Fine, I'll respect other people's dietary decisions, but I dunno Jeph. It makes all my buttermilk efforts seems like they were for naught.

Jeph said...

There was no way I could tell the cake was vegan. The only thing a little different about the frosting is that the "fake Oreos" were way crisper than real Oreos would've been embedded in frosting. That's certainly not a complaint. And, like you, I don't do the vegan thing...but I'll respect others choices.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jeph! Glad you liked the cupcakes. I’m happy to assume my new role as vegan cupcake ambassador.

Jeph said...

Sorry the picture didn't turn out better to really show off your craftsmanship Anna! Maybe I should've taken the picture BEFORE devouring most of the cupcake?!?! ;-)