Monday, April 23, 2007

Game Night!

We've had another game night in the works for a few weeks now - it's hard to make these things happen with everyone's busy schedules sometimes. But finally the day was here, and I had to get busy prepping some food! Turns out we had two short notice condo showings that same day - one in the morning, and one the hour before we were due at Michele & John's - so I had to get with it as soon as all the cleaning was done!

Sharon was whipping up a super yummy batch of Sloppy Joe's from scratch. And homemade Sloppy Joe's need homemade buns (well, if you ask me they do!). And thanks to Joe turning me on to the King Arthur beautiful buns recipe awhile back, I was all set! Brett and I love these buns, and wanted to show them off! We needed enough to make sure all six folks would be well fed, so I decided to experiment and try converting one of the two recipes to wheat buns. I replaced 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour with wheat flour - I don't know if this is why the buns didn't rise as much, or if they just needed a little more time (I think I baked them in the wrong order). I DO wish they'd had more of that yummy "honey whole wheat" flavor storebought buns have - more sugar perhaps? As you can see, I dabbled with adding sesame seeds to some...



And since we had a pineapple at the peak of ripeness, I sliced it up the way dad does - which is always a HUGE hit!! Also took sliced bananas and strawberries, plus some chocolate fruit dip. YUMMMM!



Like last time, game night was a ton of fun! Here's Andy giving Sharon that "damn you're hot" look!


Michele doing the pass-off - "Do you know what to do with one of these things??" (Turns out Andy's got like a bajillion nieces and nephews?)


Sharon: "Oh, ok Andy - you're right, baby's ARE cute and I'd LOVE to have one after all!!"


I think it's a staring contest? Is Aidan winning!??


Brett probably won't love this picture, but people from around here DO love his shirt (Rolling Acres is a trashy/divey shopping mall) with a very bad rep.


Surprisingly, Michele let me take some pics of her - they turned out great!



Sharon looking plenty psycho here! When we were doing teams, it was me, Sharon and John vs Brett, Michele and Andy - and we were ROCKIN'! Seriously, we totally kicked their asses. It really helped that Sharon's a whizz at all games, and that John and I seemed to get this telepathic vibe going that was really surprising everyone else. We had a slow start, but once John and I got in synch, there was no stopping us!


Andy: "Beeeyotch, no one warned me you were this crazy before we started dating!!"


All in all a great night! Especially since I was on the winning team, and in the solo game I beat everyone else! ;-) And thanks to Leslie, our realtor, for loaning us all the fun games!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how come I wasn't invited?

the ginger tabby said...

Looks like a fun night was had by all!