Sunday, September 30, 2007

Too Odd?

Took Friday off to prepare for Brett's birthday - yay, this also meant a chance to make something fun for my lunch. Being in a fall mood, knowing I still have a TON of apples to work through, and wishing I was eating more swiss chard now that my plants are starting to pick up production (and influenced by Farm Girl's recent entry), I whipped up an odd little grilled (more fried) sandwich for lunch. I DO kinda wish I would've cooked it on the panini press instead - less greasy tasting than in the frying pan. Anyhow - whaddaya think:

Slices of extra sharp cheddar, thin slices of Gala apple from the local orchard, bacon (Oscar Myer, of course!), and sauteed swiss chard, all on Tuscan multigrain bread (from the grocery store, not homemade). Was kinda funky - good, but not great. Needs tweaking. Sauteed spinach might've been a bit better? Definitely felt like a slice of autumn!

2 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

"Whaddaya think?" I'll tell ya! Mmmm...mmm...mmm :)

Jeph said...

Trust me, it was a slightly odd combination.