Monday, April 06, 2009

Warm, golden goodness!

Another forgotten post that never got completed!

So I recently bought buttermilk to make some wicked fried chicken. No way was I gonna be using all that buttermilk for just the chicken, annnnnd I had just gotten my first delivery of farm fresh eggs from H&H Farms, owned by the sister of the employee of a coworker's husband (ya follow all that? do we need a chart?).


I have to say - of all the farm fresh eggs I've gotten my hands on the last few years, these might've had the orangest yolks ever!


Annnnyhow - I found a recipe in my Williams-Sonoma Collection: Muffins cookbook that seemed like the perfect use for this combination of ingredients! You make the buttermilk muffins, and while they're still warm, you dip them first in butter, and then in a cinnamon sugar mixture.


Oh, and the cinnamon was Saigon cinnamon from Heather's Heat & Flavor....sooooo good! I've been on a cinnamon-trying kick lately, where I've gotten my hands on different varieties to see if I notice the difference. This Saigon stuff seems to have a bit of a kick, but is definitely "warm" in flavor. Maybe a bit "darker" tasting than some other cinnamons? (The "dark cinnamon" you see here is just because it's still damp from the butter...)


These guys were EXTREMELY popular at work!!! They were all gone before lunch!

2 comments:

Dragon said...

I don't think they would have lasted 5 minutes if I was around. Yum!

Jeph said...

Dragon -

Thanks for visiting!

I've actually been thinking about making these again real soon...they were so good!