Tuesday, June 08, 2010

NO MORE RAIN!

Oh c'mon, really!??!



And here's the forecast: "Evening: Showers this evening becoming a steady rain overnight. Low 53F. Winds ESE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall near a half an inch."
Now look - I need to scoop the dog poop, pick up all the frisbees, mow, use those clippings for garden mulch, finish mulching the in-ground bed with wet newspapers and straw (I got about a third done yesterday), and fertilize the lawn....and this is all stuff that's better done BEFORE a rainstorm than after. Otherwise I have to wait for the grass to dry out (and it was still too damp yesterday).

And don't just say "wait a couple days after this storm", because the extended forecast does not look promising....


Not to mention the tomato plants are NOT happy with all this rain! They need some time to dry out, get their roots better established, and get some size on them.

Grrrr....

2 comments:

FinnyKnits said...

Really now. Would someone tell June that it's JUNE and not April!

Gah!

My melon seedlings have *barely* put on their first real leaves. I needs the heats!

Jeph said...

No kidding! Although looking back, last May and June were reaaaally wet, and I remember the year I met Brett (so mid-June) there were lots of storms, trees down, power outages the day I drove out to meet him for a date. So I guess this is maybe typical for this time of year, and I choose not to remember it?