Wednesday, March 14, 2012

First daffodil of the season!

There's another right next to it that's thinking of opening. I'm thinking by the weekend we could be in full bloom out here.

And as a side note, if you're going organic and using corn gluten on your lawn, I believe the time to put it down is just as the first forsythia bloom? (I need to double check that!) Assuming that's right, and the branches in cut just the other day have already bloomed in the house, and all the spring bulbs are starting to do their thing, it's time to get your corn gluten! I'll be headed to Ohio Earth Food just north of Hartville any day now to get my corn gluten, along with some other natural fertilizers for the garden. Ohio Earth Food is great - check them out if you haven't already!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: