Saturday, February 16, 2013

Hello Choco!

So about an hour and a half ago I noticed King Arthur Flour posted this on their blog:

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2013/02/12/chocolate-loaf-cake-simply-wonderful/

And after looking through that process, how could you NOT follow on through to the regular-format recipe??

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/chocolate-loaf-cake-recipe

Within minutes I was digging through the pantry and fridge for ingredients, and had the oven heating up.  Very simple recipe - and you don't need to use any of the name-brand products that KAF sells (don't get me wrong - I've bought and loved some of their stuff) - this works just great with that brown box/tub of cocoa powder, generic flour, and none of the Cake Enhancer.


Mmmm - look what just came out of the oven.


The place smells GREAT!  (And a little confusing, since there's also a rotisserie chicken carcass, veggies, herbs etc in the slow cooker making chicken noodle soup for dinner - this ALSO smells good, but chocolate and chicken together?  Eh.)


The batter was sooooo good - very similar to brownie batter, or maybe a cross between brownie and pudding?  Brett and I both felt that, if anything, all this will need is a dusting of powdered sugar.

After it's cooled enough to slice.

If we can wait that long.

No promises.

6 comments:

Sharon Andy Holderman said...

hello - how does it taste???

Jeph said...

The first thin slice tasted great!

MOST of the much thicker second slice ALSO tasted great, but about halfway through I hit choco overload. Oof. ;-)

FinnyKnits said...

I MUST MAKE THIS. I can almost smell it baking in my house.

Mmmmmm

Jeph said...

It was seriously good!

anne marie in philly said...

OMB! this looks wonderful; and I have all the fixings in house RIGHT NOW!

(goes off to the kitchen)

Jeph said...

Annnnnd? How much is left? ;-)