Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas is a pervy time of year...

Boom chooka bow wow...


Awhile back I asked Brett's dad if I was right in assuming he's not really interested in anything homeknit, since he hasn't seemed overly into it when I've done something for someone else (like Brett's brother Blake, and the naughty deer hat that turned out waaaay too big).  Boy was I surprised when he said "I liked the f-ing deer hat!"

Well alright then!

Sure, Linda (Brett's mom) was totally against it, and says she won't be seen with him wearing it, but that's not my problem.

Now it took awhile to find a variation on the hat  where I THOUGHT I'd be able to knit a reversible hat, with the naughty's on one side, and if you inverted it, it would be tame.  There were lots of comments about the hat was monstrously huge, so I scaled it down (but didn't do a test swatch).

Turns out the finished product is seriously snug, and that's without being reversible.  I did worry it would be way too heavy with basically four layers of worsted weight yarn.  I'd thought about doing lighter weight yarn, but time was short, there was too much to do, and I didn't think I could handle a light weight yarn hat project (technically two hats) with so much stranded work.

Sorry Marty - it's really snug.  I'm typing this up Christmas Eve, and he'll be getting it Christmas Day.  I'm guessing his head isn't THAT small.  If it's too tiny, I'll offer to make him one that's a better fit...

Naughty Deer Hat for Marty

2 comments:

FinnyKnits said...

This may be the project that gets me back into knitting. Nicely done, perv.

Jeph said...

Definitely a popular gift to receive! And if anyone can pull it off, it's you two!