Friday, December 05, 2014

Eggnog French Toast

If you're like me, this is the time of year when you buy a skinny carton of eggnog, have a couple small glasses, and realize you're done with eggnog for another year. Even the smallest offerings at the grocery store are more than I need.  And yes, after the first carton goes bad, I might possibly wait a couple weeks and do the whole thing over again.

Rather than let it go bad, I've realized I can use it up faster making some killer French toast. Only it can make way more French toast than I'll eat in a sitting, and Brett isn't into bready breakfasty things.

Last year I realized I could freeze leftover French toast, and then pop frozen pieces in the toaster, whether at home or work. Yum!

So now I've got eighteen pieces of eggnog French toast in the freezer, some of which will go in to work next week.  If I can spare the freezer space, I might make more French toast, minus the eggnog, but instead with some orange zest and/or orange oil.  Love it!

No comments: