Thursday, January 22, 2015

Strawberry Meyer Lemon Marmalade

MORE MARMALADE!

Yup, that's right, apparently I'm on a marmalade-making kick!  (Does "two times" count as "a kick"?)

After having made the darker, stronger, not-super-sweet tasting Cara Cara Orange and Meyer Lemon Marmalade, and having extra Meyer lemons, I was wondering what to do with some of those lemons - and then I remembered the strawberry meyer lemon marmalade I made years ago.  Loved that stuff - it's even great in peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  Yes, lemon and peanut butter sounds weird, but this marmalade paired well with the PB.

Found this recipe online, which I THINK is what I used back then...


I remember the thin slicing and boiling, and draining of the zest....I just didn't remember there being quite so much pectin!



Wow, does all that Meyer lemon zest smell goooood!


Unlike the "two days and lots of boiling" Cara Cara orange marmalade recipe, this recipe comes together SUPER fast.  This was a quick afternoon project.  I admit I had to cheat and buy frozen strawberries.  I got frozen whole strawberries with no sugar added, and used two 16oz bags that, when thawed and crushed, gave me the 4 cups needed for the recipe.

I've still got another 16oz bag in the freezer - and don't see myself making a half batch recipe.  Since I also have more Meyer lemons (also store bought), I figure I'll find another recipe with a different method, less pectin, etc to try.


How good do those look!

No comments: