Thursday, March 19, 2015

It's aliiiiiive!!!

Look what I found blooming in the garden!


That's one of the new snowdrops I planted last fall.  Now that everything's thawed, I figure I should get out there and rake a bunch of the leaves I put on the beds for insulation.  Looks like I'm going to have to be a bit delicate to make sure I don't bust up any of the bulbs already sprouting.

That's not all that's starting to show up - this purple bit doesn't look like much...


...but it's one of my hellebores, and just like the white ones nearby, it should be showing off pretty soon.  Once these blossoms open, they'll go strong for a good chunk of the spring into summer.


There's also signs of tulips or daffodils popping up:


And garlic...


 More snowdrops...




And, um....daffodils and grape hyacinths maybe?


There's also lots of other signs of life in the yard/garden, but not the kinds you really want to see.  Once the snow melted away, I get to see what was living under the snow all winter.  No, not the grass that's starting to color up.  Check out all the tracks and holes:




These are mostly signs of voles, and possibly some chipmunks in the mix?  Well, I suppose if anything they're aerating the beds, right?  :-\

No comments: