Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Gay Sweater

Hm, not sure how I feel about this.  It's all so very interesting, neat, cool, etc...and they're making a great point and drawing attention to an expression that can offend people.  My issues are with putting on the sweater...



I don't know why I'm ok putting on stuff I've knit with the hair/fur/wool from four legged animals, but putting on the head hair of humans seems a little...creepy?  Don't get me wrong - it's also really cool!  And I'm glad someone pointed out how heavy it is....because I'm sure it weighs a ton.  (And, for something like this that's meant to draw attention, is that both literal weight and figurative?)

Looks really cool - I just think it'd feel weird...

2 comments:

Sue said...

Makes a great statement. And I don't know that human hair would be much different than , say-Angora?? And yet, yes, a bit "creepy".

Jeph said...

Seems to be the general consensus..."is it really different from other animal hair" and yet "still creepy". ;-)