Wednesday, November 08, 2006

OMG Britney's getting divorced!

Sweet! Our girl Britney's filed for divorce!

How did I NOT hear this yesterday afternoon!?!?!

Man, and now she's got TWO kids!?!? And the second one was an accident I believe?

"Spears, 24, filed a divorce petition in Los Angeles Superior Court a day after a surprise appearance on a late-night TV chat show, showing off a new hair cut, a black mini dress and looking sexier than she has for years."

I'm gonna have to track down a picture of that...seems like she's finally decided to clean up and clear out the crap.

So Whitney was out strutting her stuff recently, getting all glamoured up again and trying to repair her image. Now Britney's breaking free of K-Fed!? Carla was just here in my office yesterday and we were talking about the Whitney stuff - I told her Brett figured I was wrong when I bet Whitney'll be back up there in the music charts (and with dance mixes in the gay clubs again) in less than 5 yrs (and that's reeeeally giving her a long time!). Carla agreed, saying she really wants to hear Whitney cover Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" - GREAT idea! (I figured there would have to be some big, empowered diva hit for her to come back with - and Carla nailed it!)

Maybe Whitney and Britney can pair up?? Ooooh, and they could do "It's Raining Men" while they're at it!!?? Hell, maybe they should try to help Madonna do a big comeback too!??!

6 comments:

Peter said...

Britney and Whitney may not be a good ploy. Each needs to establish some credibility so that may mean taking Whitney back to the embrace of urban/R&B radio, or even (here's a really neat idea) going kind of gospel. Britney appeals to a younger audience in general, and she may want to cort something more Kelly Clarkson-esque to get her career jumpstarted.

In any case, Britney doesn't exactly have the voice to match up well with Whitney, especially on such a showstopper of a song like It's Raining Men.

Anonymous said...

I am just stunned at this latest development.. LOL not really.. I don't think this marriage was based on much more than lust.. Physical lust for (although I have NO idea why and $$$ lust for him)

Anonymous said...

Like, OMG! Their marriage was, like, so RANDOM! Whatev! I'm soooo over it!

Anonymous said...

sometimes i worry about cindy.

Jeph said...

LOL Rich! ;-) Hey, YOU'RE married to her! Careful, all these celebrity wives are dumping their husbands, and after her recent award winning, she might have a swelled ego!

Jeph said...

I think you're right Peter - Cindy and I were talking about this at the evil McDonald's lunch, and we agreed with you - Whitney (as we knew her) and Britney really aren't the same singing styles/voices. Granted, who knows WHAT Whitney will sound like now!?!?

And Alison - did you see that K-Fed now wants custody of the kids!? Please - he couldn't keep up with his FIRST two kids!!