Tuesday, December 12, 2006

West Side Market

We went Christmas (and food) shopping at Cleveland's West Side Market a couple weeks ago...got my brother something I hope he thinks is really cool from Urban Herbs... And you can't just go to West Side Market for one or two things - I always try to take plenty of cash, and plan on bringing plenty back (and SHOULD plan to take a cooler with ice each time!) So in addition to buying my brother's gift, we got a couple small shepard's pies, some spices for me, and a couple dozen handmade pierogies with various fillings - mmmm! Oh, and some chocolate covered pretzels, and chocolate haystacks. And some flavored popcorn. And a couple pounds of fresh green beans. And....!?

I THINK that was everything - but there's just so much fun stuff to see and eat and buy...

Brett gets a little queasy around all the raw meats - sometimes you even get to see something like a goats head - bleh! I have to admit - all the raw meats CAN be a little smelly...

The pics below just show a small part of the market - it's a huge square shape grid (so you're really only seeing maybe 1/16th of it in these pics?), and then along two edges outside is an L shaped structure where all the fresh produce and flower vendors are. WAY fun!





Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey give me back my shirt.. I wondered who snatched it..

Jeph said...

I'm guessing you look better in it than I do!