Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Sundogs

And yet more pics from the cell phone - DEFINITELY not the best device to capture images of sundogs while driving home from work, but I don't normally carry my camera with me!

What's a sundog? They're optical phenomenon in the sky created by the sun's light passing through layers of moisture or ice particles or whatever up in the sky... I started noticing them on rare occasion a few years back and did a little research. Seems like I've noticed them quite a bit this winter - not sure if it's a temperature/winter weather thing, something to do with the clouds we have this year, or just my being a little more observant? Last time I saw them was yesterday when I stopped to pick up the dry cleaning....didn't take pictures that time, but here's some I took a month or so ago on the drive home from work...





No comments: