Sunday, April 29, 2007

Tucker Loves Sharon

This past Thursday, my semi-usual "work from home" day, Sharon and I went out to House Gourmet for sushi/Chinese lunch (something we often do). Afterwards we went our separate ways - and since I'd taken the afternoon off, I changed a brake light in my car, and was just starting to fill some pots with dirt to start my first lettuce seed mix, spinach, bok choi and swiss chard for the year (a bit late, yes). The phone rang. It was Sharon. She was at the mechanic and what she'd hoped was going to be a short visit turned into a "we're going to have to replace your brakes or you're going to have a wreck" type visit.

Could I come pick her up while they worked on her car for several hours?

SURE! It was less than 10 min away - and she just wanted somewhere to do her homework. So I drove on out, got her, came back and she got situated. I did some other stuff needing to get done like started some bread dough to take to my folks' the next day and planted my seeds. We chatted while she did her homework and I did my stuff.

And Tucker felt she needed some lovin'...

Here's Tucker's expression while being ignored by a very studious Sharon - does he look put out or what!?


Two things are going on in this next picture:
  1. I realized something odd was happening in the other pictures - they weren't turning out very well. Turns out there was a fine cloud of flour in the air while I was making bread dough, and the flash was lighting up all those flour particles. So, no, there's no smoke in the air - it's just flour floating around.
  2. And the other thing - Tucker kept trying to get Sharon's attention, and did whatever it took - including cleaning himself ON the table in front of her!!


I'm uploading a video to YouTube right now of Tucker giving Sharon some real loving, but it's taking FOREVER....so I'll post that another nite...

No comments: