Thursday, May 08, 2008

And another...

Aside from being really cool blooms, do you know what these will develop into?



Here's a hint - Rick and Carolyn let me collect a bunch of the fallen pine needles in their beds last fall so I could provide this bed with an acidifying mulch. ANNNND each plant got buried in a DEEP hole filled with peat. And they drink A LOT of water, and are getting an acidified liquid fertilizer treat periodically.



Unfortunately, one of the six mail-order plants seems to be having trouble leafing out - I'm thinking I should contact Water's Blueberry Farm to see if they feel it needs replaced. (Oops, I gave it away!)


Here's a great representation of the other five shrubs.


Blooms on one of the other plants...


If each of these turns into a berry this year, AND if the birds don't get them first, I'm gonna be one happy camper!


Yay blueberries!

1 comment:

Andy said...

lookin good... mine are super happy too.

You did make the soil acidic - right?!