Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The face of evil...


...and evil's butt:


Ran downstairs real quick just a few minutes ago and saw a different colored splotch out of the corner of my eye. I actually stared at the deer for a few minutes (who was leaning over, nibbling) before I realized what I was seeing.


I'm all for them being cute, but seeing how one of them thought some of my strawberries, the top of my serviceberry, and the top of my tiny japanese red maple were TASTY the other day, it's war, and I'm not feeling like sharing these particular growies at the moment. All the plants got a misting of garlic/jalapeno/cayenne spray the other day, which I'll have to reapply again real soon since we're getting so much rain these days. (The spray is made of one head of garlic, a handful of jalapenos from the freezer and a tablespoon or so of cayenne pepper all whizzed up in the blender with some water. Some of that was mixed with more water and a squirt of dish soap before being sprayed on the plants, and the rest frozen in muffin tins, and then bagged for later use. I'm sure Sharon and Andy's wedding cupcakes won't taste like garlic/jalapeno/cayenne! Really! Honest!)

Here I was getting some tail-tude after we tried yelling at the deer and banging on the walls. Nice. You don't know fear? Wonderful.


It finally strolled off into the woods, all casual like.

Evil Satan spawn, thy name is Bambi!

4 comments:

Andy said...

My friend, you may not want the opinion of a deer hunter but here it is...
That lovely lady, my friend, is about ready to drop a pair of fawns in the next week or so - no doubt based on her midriff... best of luck with the "Old Spice" BBQ rub you are using :)

Jeph said...

I hope you're kidding!!!!

Sharon Andy Holderman said...

I was going to say I was surprised she was all calm with her tail down and whatnot. You must not be very intimidating!

Jeph said...

I think you're right...she didn't seem too concerned that I was shaking my fists, waving my arms, banging on the exterior wall of the house and yelling at her.

There's a name for girls like that.