Sharon and Andy are getting married on Saturday.
My job/gift? Their small wedding cake for the two of them to cut/eat, and cupcakes for all the guests.
So I started this morning with making the cakes. To make ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN there would be ZERO stickage, I Pam'd and floured the pans, and then lined with parchment paper and Pam'd again.
The cakes did not stick!
Julie was kind enough to offer the use of her 24-count cupcake tin. Twenty-four - all in one!? I LIKEY!
I'm not sure if it's the cupcake papers Sharon picked up, or Julie's pan, but the papers often seem just a smidge big and so there's some slight warping - this isn't much of a problem once they're baked.
I ran into one problem. I don't consider myself OCD (I really don't! Honest!), but this whole even number of eggs left in the first carton as I was going through was driving me nuts. Each batch of cakes/cupcakes called for three eggs. That'd be one row of eggs - perfect! But there's was always one spare and it was bugging me.
So I made a piece of French toast for my breakfast. I showed that odd-egg who's boss! It still threatened to be a challenge, even once it was incorporated into the French toast, so I beat it down my throat with a couple slices of bacon. I win!
Cupcakes in the oven...
...and out, along with the two cakes for the layer cake.
Things are starting to pile up! This particular round of cupcakes still in the pan got a bit flatter than all the others have. Oh well, once frosted/decorated I don't think anyone will notice. ;-)