Thursday, December 04, 2008

Don't let The Happening happen to you!

Seriously - avoid this movie at all costs! That's my review for this awful movie.

Granted, I knew it wouldn't be great - I just haven't been into any of M. Night Shyamalan's movies since pre-The Village. I THOUGHT I was going to like The Village, and it had interesting aspects, but over all it wasn't for me.

This was one Brett was more interested, and so I had it on the Netflix queue... We needed a break from watching all Doctor Who and Torchwood DVDs, and figured it was time for a movie.

Brett kind of liked this movie, whereas I found it to be worse than I even expected. We both accepted the fact that the acting just plain ol' SUCKED.... I like when Zooey Deschanel plays quirky characters (LOVED her in Elf), but even she didn't save this movie for me.

Warning: There be spoilers ahead!

Seriously - the plot for this movie seriously stunk. MAAAAYBE plants are out to get us, but only when we're in large groups? And once they've taken out large groups of people (like in parks), they start killing off smaller and smaller groups of people - by emitting a neurotoxin that makes us kill ourselves? Ok, that could've maybe been an interesting plot, but how it was played out in this movie was bad. Why was it there were suddenly these strong breezes that came through each area that the plants wanted to attack? Maybe if it's a time of year that would have these breezes, but it just seemed like everything was still and suddenly, because the movie needed it, REALLY STRONG winds would come through. No mention of this in the movie...just lots of scenes of plants blowing around in the sudden breezes.

There WAS some beautiful imagery in the movie- I'll give it that...

But seriously - I'd suggest avoiding this movie!

No comments: