Tuesday, December 23, 2008

New project for Christmas Eve Feast - pt 4

This was taken about an hour ago. The rolled up cake came out of the fridge (anyone remember the line "wrapped in plastic" from Twin Peaks!?)...


Then I unrolled the cake and massaged covered it in the chocolate mousse, which ended out tasting pretty good once chilled and firmed up.


As I rolled it back up, it cracked here and there. Years ago I freaked out when I had this happen making one of these things, but this time I just pretty much expected it. The whole thing's holding together pretty well as it is, and once encased in ganache/frosting, it should HOPEFULLY be more stable! The cracking just adds to the "naturalness" of the log.


It pooped:


Now the log's chillin' to firm up. Taking longer than the one hour the recipe recommended, but that's ok. Time for dinner now... Will post more once the thing's complete!

No comments: