Sunday, January 18, 2009

Metro Burger

While out running errands last weekend, Brett suggested we try eating somewhere new (gasp, we're about out of free Chick-Fil-A meals, and technically they expired at the end of 2008!). He'd heard good reviews of metro burger, which is just down the street about 10 minutes from where he works. Sure, I like trying something new!

So when you first walk into metro burger, you feel like you're in a Chipotles - loud music, art, open and kind of chilly... Before you even get to the register to place your order, you find a stack of clipboards with paper menus in them. Here's the left side, with some of the suggested fixings (you'll see I was getting the All American). Brett got something a little lower down - the Crown Jewel, which has bleu cheese and a sun-dried tomato mayo.


Yeah, I know - did you see those prices!??! HOLY CRAP!

Anyhow, here's the right side of the menu, which I think is what the place is really all about - the fun of building your own burger with some crazy combinations!


Instead of going with fries (which were cheaper), I opted to try the onion rings, expecting some homemade wowza batter on them maybe!? Instead they seemed like something out of a freezer bag - nothing "wowza" about them but the price!! Sure, they tasted good, but I could've gotten the same thing much cheaper anywhere else. Brett's fries, on the other hand, were really good - home cut and fried, kinda scorchy, and very tasty. I also wish I would've tried the sweet potato fries.

Oh, and Brett made the wiser choice in getting the regular fries. Those, in a combination which wouldn't include sweet potato fries or onion rings, made his meal about $3 cheaper!!

Here we are about to dive in to our food... Hey - did his burger come with an onion ring on it, or did he swipe one of mine!?


While there was something slighly bitter about my burger (bitter batch of raw onion? scorched bun? I'm not sure...), I won't let that stop me from going back for another, more adventurous try. The beef was GREAT! Clearly a lighter grind of sirloin meat, as opposed to densely packed burger you get at so many other places!

And here's Brett, fresh after a "oops, I cut off part of my beard and now have to remove everything" accident earlier in the week, showing how much he loves metro burger.


Ok, wait, maybe that's not really the right look. He LOOOOVED what he got, and as I said, I'd definitely give 'em another try. I would say metro burger is to McDonalds as Chipotles is to Taco Bell, if that helps...

4 comments:

Peter said...

Wow, different look for Brett, even with a bit of scruff on him. This is my polite request that he re-grow the beard.

Dave E. said...

Yeah, our facial hair is out of equilibrium - Brett's is gone, Jay has a full beard, and i've just been lazy and haven't shaved ...

Jeph said...

LOL No worries guys - he's growing it back!! He always gets that "OMG Who the hell are you and how did you get into my house!? Where's my bf!?" look from me when he has one of these accidents and shaves everything off...

Peter said...

Relax guys - I've been regrowing the scruff after a couple of months without.