Monday, July 13, 2009

Because you hated your home til now...

Well, I don't know about that, but the packaging on these Better Homes & Gardens Japanese lanterns I bought on sale at Walmart DID say "Fall in love with your home again." So the fact that you were hating your home is just sorta implied, right?


And here's what the look like as it's getting dark outside, and with the lights on. As you can see, one bulb blew, so I'll replace that...not a big deal.


I don't consider this a finished project...I need to get a dark, 10-12 ft extension cord dedicated to connecting the two strings of light together (you can sorta see the white cord dangling underneath the edge of the gazebo along the left side). Plus there's that bulb to replace, and maybe connecting the strings to the "roof supports" about midway up on each side...but I have to say I kinda like 'em! And they really provide a nice warm, ambient glow once the sun sets...

3 comments:

FinnyKnits said...

Ha! That is so what they meant by that.

Cute lanterns, man.

Jen said...

Very cute Jeph! I'm so jealous of your deck.

Jeph said...

Thanks guys!