Friday, August 14, 2009

A quick visit

Some more pics from Peter and Conrad's recent visit. Unfortunately, I wasn't a very good photographer (I was a bit distracted for a variety of reasons), but we did manage to get a few pics.

Here's Sunday morning when they came over for their last visit. Look through the railing - that's me holding Doogie back. He was soooo excited to have visitors, and Peter and Conrad put up with his puppy-enthusiasm very well!


Saturday, before the cookout, we hit a variety of local places including Hilgerts, Chick-Fil-A, Kriegers and Viking Vineyards. Peter had never had whoopie pie before, and they had 'em for sale at Krieger's, so we HAD to pick up a pack of them. Trust me - they are NOT a healthy snack. I'm sure the filling is mostly Crisco.


Well Peter, what did you think?


Here's Doogie checking on Brett. It LOOKS like Doogie's assuming Brett sad because Peter and Conrad are leaving, but it's more likely that Brett's just sad he's outside, where the bugs live.


Peter was real enthusiastic about my gone-to-seed cilantro. I've decided to just let it go, and once it dries a bit more on the plant, I'll harvest the seeds for planting next year and/or cooking. I'm sure some will reseed themselves in place - and I'm totally ok with that!


See Conrad? Shove your face down in it - coriander! LOL Maybe I should send some of the seeds along to Peter for cooking?


Unfortunately, Peter and Conrad's visit was way too short, and had a lot of distractions (partly my own fault with the cookout and bug bite), but we sure had a lot of fun with them visiting. I know we look forward to having them visit again sometime soon!

No comments: