Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sharon's Muffins!

I was VERY popular at work this Thursday.

Why?

Because I whipped up a batch of these Apple Pie Muffins Sharon had been recommending:




These suckers are loaded with brown sugar and apples, and topped with a brown sugar crumb topping that is SOOOO yummy!  I think I took 22 of them in to work, and by about 10am, more than half were gone...



I think next time they could maybe use a little more apple, OR perhaps a more sturdy/tart apple than I used.  Sharon and I were talking about how so many of these recipes call for a specific variety/taste/texture of apple (like tart or Granny Smith), but let's be honest - if you're making a recipe like this, sometimes you're just gonna use whatever apples you have around the house at the time...  I DO like the way the apples I used cooked down a lot and were really soft, but I think that meant I could've added even more!  And I was telling Sharon that I could easily see sprucing/bulking these muffins up even more with walnuts, a little nutmeg, maybe chopped dates or raisins....but then that would definitely be moving them away from their original design to be similar to an apple pie flavor.  And don't get me wrong - there was NOOOOOTHING wrong with the recipe as-is.  Ask all the folks who scarfed 'em down at work....  I had a few people asking for the recipe, and that's always a good sign!

Thanks Sharon!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: