Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Fish night!!!

Brett's not a fan of seafood. AT ALL. Nor does he really care for when I cook it ... doesn't like the smell in the house.

I feel the same way about him making Hamburger Helper, so we sort of have an understanding that we rarely make either.

On the rare occasion he's not here for dinner, we consider it a Fish Night. That means it's MY opportunity to eat fish/seafood! Yum!

Since he had an evening appt recently, he suggested I take advantage and fix myself up some stinky dinner. Ok!

I picked up a single tilapia fillet, plus six scallops, on the way home from work. All I seasoned them with was a little salt and pepper, plus the Mural of Flavor seasoning that was in a spice set Andy & Kelli gave us for Christmas (mmm! Smells a little like dill!). First I sauteed a minced clove of garlic in the pan, then added the fish and scallops. After their initial flipping and as they were getting close to being done, I added a little white wine to the pan, which brought up all the brown flavorings from the bottom of the pan... Half of the fish and scallops, plus broccoli and seasoned rice, made for an excellent-if-light dinner, and the other half was really appreciated for lunch at work the next day.


Mmmm - without sounding like I don't want him around, I look forward to my next Fish Night!

5 comments:

Peter said...

More reason for you to come visit - I'll cook fish!

:-)

Jeph said...

You realize you'd also have to cook something separate for Brett, right?

Sharon Andy Holderman said...

Brett can go to Taco Bell with Andy...I'll eat seafood :)

Jeph said...

LOL Between Sharon and Emily (who commented over on FB), it sounds like there's gonna be a fish-night party!

Peter said...

Sharon, we don't have a Taco Bell nearby, I don't think. We do have other options.

Jeph, I didn't say Brett could come visit. Well, he can. But we'll toss some ramen at him and send him over to the park instead.