Monday, February 01, 2010

JSA!

I ALLLLMOST gave up on Smallville this season. There's just so much hoakiness to the acting. Brett's been saving them up for us however, figuring either I'd want to watch 'em all, or he'd just watch them without me (even though I'm the superhero nut, not him). Knowing the special 2-hr episode featuring the JSA is airing this Friday, we decided to give Smallville a try the other night and watch some of the episodes from earlier this season.

Sure enough, some of the acting is just downright silly....but it also seems like that's just how it's written. Some of Lois' lines are bad, and the whole "I thought I could trust you but now find you've been keeping secrets from me for the billionth time" gets a bit old...

But I have to say there's been some real fun stuff as well. We've both decided Erica Durance's (Lois) acting has drastically improved and she's become more likable. I've gotten a real kick out of some of the tributes to yesteryear...like they had this version of Lois & Clark doing the classic "Lois pulling on Clark's tie" from the old 80s series. And Clark played around with wearing glasses. My most favorite part of this season so far? The Wonder Twins! I really hope they have them on again.

But what's really got my attention the most, eeeeeven though I'm prepared for some downright silliness, is this coming Friday's JSA special. Here's the latest trailer...and it looks fun!



Oh, and I'm guessing Icicle's going to be in it at some point - if that's what those blue frosty looking things are going after Chloe... We shall see!

2 comments:

Peter said...

Dr. Fate? Whoa!

I am a little surprised that show hasn't died off yet, though, I have to admit.

Jeph said...

And it sounds like it got renewed AGAIN!?