Friday, March 19, 2010

Just so we're all clear...

There's quite a bit of enthusiasm about the warmer, sunnier weather...

For example, the small critters are on the move - like this little one I found nesting in our grill. I chased him/her out, making sure there were no babies in the nest before I removed it. Then I let the grill run on extra high for about 15 min before I even THOUGHT about putting food on it - no sense in us getting the hantavirus or something like that!


The Canadian geese are moving through the area again... I think I've only ever seen them land in the pond once before!


In both the last picture and this next one you can see the fishing line I have surrounding the yard. Gee, I wonder what I could POSSIBLY be hoping to keep out of the yard with that?!?! (The fishing line is on this side of the pond, and the two critters below are on the far side of the pond)


These were the first crocuses to start blooming - yay!!! Spring IS here! There's a whole bunch in the front yard, with a variety of colors, that opened up after I took this picture - I need to go take their picture as well.


I was a bit surprised to see this sprout... The asparagus bed still looks dead - I'm guessing the ground's too cold for the asparagus to start sprouting yet. However, right next door is the raspberry bed, put in fresh last summer. And there are little green sprouts popping up all over - and they're not all at the base of the canes that I cut last fall, so that means the raspberries have been spreading underground - yay!


And now we return to the true signs of spring happiness:





Since yesterday's picture was so popular, I could resist posting more. And here you can see Tucker taking in a deeeeeeep inhale of fresh, spring air. What a goofy face!

No comments: