Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Fighting for good (and fighting for evil!)

DC Universe OnlineImage via WikipediaI haven't had as much DC Universe Online game time as I'd like lately - hopefully I'll find some more free time to play soon... Then again, it's not like I have much success leveling up any one character. There's tons of level 30 villain players out there kicking my level 11 and below heroes to the pavement, and all those people are supposed to be having a lot of fun with the high level missions. Me? I have fun making new characters. And then I have to delete the ones I'm not as hooked on to make room for more new ones. I think there's something like a maximum of 10 characters you can have? (That's total, not per server) Oh well - I should stop making more and work on leveling up!

In every superhero game I've played, I've always made a version of The Pink Flame, which I originally modeled after Brett in City of Heroes. He was originally intended just to be goofy, but it turns out I've had a lot of fun with the character, plus he stands out when compared with all the dark and gloomy heroes and villains most players like to make.


Then there's Speed Demon. Not at all what I planned on him looking like, due to the limitations of the costume/body parts/etc in the game, but this guy's turned out really cool. First game where I've ever had a speedster, and I gotta say it's a lot of fun! Really neat to zip up the side of a building, or run across water. And I never planned on him having weapons, but every character in this game has a weapon of some sort (it's all guns, swords, axes, and then there's also brawling and hand blasting...kinda limited). But once again, he's neat running around at super speed chucking his oversized axes at villains...


This next one is Golem Gal. Nope, not one of my favorites in any way - haven't played her in weeks. But I wanted to design something playing off the idea that Wonder Woman was actually clay, molded into the shape of a baby and brought to life by the Greek gods - so basically she's like animated earth if you really think about it. So here's Golem Gal, dark and dirty, with a costume sort of modeled after the Blackest Night storyline characters from DC, and surprisingly tough as hell. She's my only brawler, and man, she can clap her hands together and send people flying from the shock wave!



That's all for now - probably way more geeky than anyone cares to see. ;-)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: