Monday, April 29, 2013

If you like pina coladas...

Ok, I don't actually know what all goes in a pina colada, but this is something i came up with to use up leftover fresh pineapple.

Ever have a fresh pineapple or two when friends are over, maybe slice it up decoratively, and have a little leftover? I've found it's great to stash in the freezer, then toss some in a glass with ice, yogurt, banana, milk, and if you have it, coconut extract. Hit it with the immersion blender if you have one (or just do it in a regular stand blender), and maybe throw on a Hawaiian shirt, 'cause this is gonna taste tropical.

I don't like yogurt, but this is a good way for me to get some down the gullet. Protein powder would work in this. I'm sure some folks would enjoy rum I'm this smoothie!

Must stop typing and start drinking!

1 comment:

anne marie in philly said...

"...getting caught in the rain..."

hell yeah! bring on the malibu coconut rum! and a cherry for the top!