Friday, September 27, 2013

Alpaca Days!

Y'know what's coming up this weekend?



Yup, that's right, National Alpaca Farm Days!  With Autumn Oak Alpacas just down the street from us (I pass it on my way to and from work!), the obsessively renewed interest in knitting this year, and my learning so much more about yarns than I knew in the previous years I dabbled at knitting (did you know there's more options than wool and acrylic!?), I'm really eager to go check out the local alpacas.

Sure, we were just at That'll Do Farm a couple weekends ago, but I didn't buy any actual yarn - just the tools to try and make my own.  And I definitely haven't had/made the time to dabble with the drop spindle and roving yet.

I figure I'll just pick up a skein or two, depending on how their yarn looks - I think it'll be neat to make something with yarn I know was "grown" just down the street from where we live.  And, who knows, maybe I'll pick up some roving in a different color than the almost-white I got on the Yarn Discovery Tour.  We'll see...  I probably should make sure I enjoy even working with the spindle before then, right?

No comments: