Saturday, November 18, 2006

Boyfriend Heaven

By the time I thought to take his picture, he was moving too fast for me to take time to focus and get a better picture!


Look what just opened up less than 5 miles from us - a new Wal-Mart Supercenter (or lovingly known as Super Wal-Mart). Now before everyone else rips us to pieces for shopping there, sorry, but we shop by price for a lot of things, and for convenience for a lot of things. Sure, there's pleny of fancy stuff we also get - some things we visit smaller, non-chain stores for, etc. But we DO shop at Wal-Mart - it's like entertainment heaven for Brett (for one of the same reasons I hate it much of the time - there are some naaaaaaaasty people who shop there!)

We hadn't been in a Super Wal-Mart before - so it was just as much a touristy thing as actual shopping trip. We'd picked up a few necessities before realizing we were going to need nourishment to continue our adventure, so Brett paid for the small handful of stuff we had collected, and then we ate at the in-store Subway (new kids had ZERO training!), then we were back to shopping - food, household stuff, cat food, etc.

Trust me - while many see Wal-Mart as the House of Satan, I know we'll be revisiting plenty. Don't hate us! ;-)

2 comments:

Peter said...

I don't hate you Jeph, though I am glad to say that I've NEVER shopped at a Wal-Mart. It's too simplistic, for one thing, to just state that they are evil even if they seem t be killing off commerce in small towns. It's also hypocritical of me to condemn anyone for shopping there given that I LOVE department stores like [sob, sniff] Marshall Field's or The Bay. And I shop at Target and Zellers anyway.

If it helps you do Christmas shopping....

:-)

I've got coconut-glazed ribs in the oven. Mmmmmmmm!

the ginger tabby said...

Walmart has some very useful items at reasonable prices! :)

TGT