Monday, November 13, 2006

Cookies!

Here's some cookie pics. The first one is the beheaded (and betailed) Scottie gingerbread cookie with super-fancy icing job from Wendy Kromer - I got this at the Fabulous Food Show this weekend, and couldn't resist taking a couple bites BEFORE getting home to the camera! The other pics are, to be honest, very stale cookies - they're the leftovers of my first attempts to work with fondant on cookies (much like The Flour Pot does). They were lacking in flavor and tasted oversweet - the girl at Wendy Kromer's table said it's most likely an issue with the brand of fondant I used. Still, people said they looked pretty good. For looks alone, they held up fairly well in a zip lock baggie to have their pictures taken two weeks later - especially considering how much of a rush job they were! ...some minor crushing and crumbling, some drying out of the fondant, but hey, it's not like we're gonna eat 'em at this stage.

Not sure if I'll try fondant on cookies again, or learn to improve my icing skills!??!




 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you like the taste of fondant.. I can't stand it.. How thick is it?? So let's discuss our Heroes.. Did you see it from last night??

the ginger tabby said...

I think your ghost and pumpkin pics are awesome! Very good skill, Jeph :)

the ginger tabby said...

correction...make that...

"...ghost and pumpkin COOKIES..."

TGT :)

Jeph said...

I didn't like the fondant taste - no! I even tried adding some almond extract, and that didn't really help.

The bakers at the food show said it's likely due to the brand I used, but I'm not sure how much better it's gonna get!

Thanks Tabby! :)