Friday, November 10, 2006

The Fabulous Food Show!

Randy and I are heading up to the IX Center in Cleveland, near the Cleveland Airport, for the Fabulous Food Show tomorrow morning!!

We went to the Great Big Food Show a couple years ago, saw Alton Brown film a segment on making beef jerky on a box fan with air conditioner filters, sampled a ton of food, bought a bunch of stuff, and had a blast all day!

There was no such event last year. This year it's the Fabulous Food Show - I don't know if it's by the same people or someone different, but I figure we'll have fun and eat alot. You know I'll be reporting back on this one in the next couple of days. This time, rather than get lousy seats to see a "food celebrity" we already know who's mostly booked up, we opted to get tickets to see Jason Roberts. A search on the web shows he was born in New Zealand - so we're hoping for a fun accent to go with his show. Not sure if he has a larger status elsewhere - maybe he's up and coming and we'll be able to say we saw him live before he was a big celebrity! Either way, I'm sure he'll entertain and/or educate! (And he looks to be a cutie too!)

It's a bummer that Brett has to work tomorrow, on Veterans' Day, but he admitted he wouldn't be as much fun at something like this, and he knows Randy and I get off on all the food stuff. I had hoped to get some of the fellow foodie people at work to go, but either people have plans, or they went to the Great Big Food Show two years ago and were less than impressed. Michele and Anna were trying to convince me I came back griping, butI don't remember that at all... (Let's hope they were wrong!) ;-)

No comments: