Monday, November 06, 2006

Halloween Party 2006

To quote Etta James - "At laaaaaast..."

Ok, that might be a bit obscure for some (love the song!). Anyhow - I've been getting nagged left and right about getting these pictures posted, so here they are. I could only say "I'm waiting for photos from the other photographers" for so long - that excuse ran out last week after Sharon and Carolyn & Rick hooked me up with the photos they took. I've got 'em all set up in a Web Album, and, sorry, I didn't worry about sorting them into chronological order from the beginning to end of the party.

As you can see from the pictures, we had a blast! We had hoped some folks who said they'd be here would show up, but we had some other pleasant surprises with new folks, or folks who didn't think they'd make it. There was plenty of food, and great costumes, and fun times. It's fun to see our friends from our "different worlds" (Brett's job, my job, outside of work friends) mingling and getting along, even if it's sometimes just once a year.

We had the Halloween Costume Contest again, and boy are we really going to have to work to up the ante next year! In addition to a booby prize going to "The Red Carpet" (Leslie), and second place prize going to "The Pharoah" (Larry), "Dorothy's Stunt Double" (Joe) won first place. Let's hope we never see Joe out at the drag shows - he'll need to learn to shave! Like last year we had a goofy booby prize and a couple gift cards for 1st and 2nd place - and this time Brett really outdid himself by coming up with the Tortured Barbie Award. While Sharon and I were putting the last minute touches on decorating the place and prepping food, Brett was mangling that poor Barbie doll! (Good thing Cindy and Rich didn't make it - she probably would've swiped that Barbie, nursed her back to health, and added her to the collection in her office!)

Most of the pictures in the album have captions...I tried to cover all the costumes/names to help people remember who was who...

Ok, I'll shut up - you just want to see the pics!



1 comment:

the ginger tabby said...

My oh my - looks like a fun time was had! :)