Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Neil Patrick Harris - another one on the team!

Here's some not-so-new news now...but folks are still asking "hey did you hear!?"

Doogie's gay!
Well, ok, Neil Patrick Harris is....and I have to admit, I was totally surprised! Brett says he wasn't - I don't know that he just assumed it all along, or if it didn't come as a surprise.
I know when How I Met Your Mother started last season, he was the character/actor I was bound and determined not to like - I just hadn't been fond of him before. Never really watched Doogie Howser, and didn't like his character on Starship Troopers. (Ok, ok, I know - he was in more than those two shows/movies) I do remember liking his voice for Peter Parker/Spiderman on the short-lived MTV Spiderman animated series...it just seemed to fit well.

And now that How I Met Your Mother is in it's second season, I LOVE Barney! Good looking and funny as hell - NPH plays such a great self-absorbed character. Plus, now that we know he's gay, I find it more amusing about how his character is such a womanizing louse. And is it just us, or has anyone else noticed he's been having A LOT of shirtless scenes this season!?
So....looking at the pics below I found online, would you have ever guessed Doogie would grow up to be gay!?
"Suit up!"









PS: This post is for Cindy, who's right - I should've posted on the topic already! Bad Jeph!

PPS: Turns out Neil's bf David Burtka (to left of Neil, in blue hoodie) is a MAJOR hottie himself!!! (Can I have him?) He's got sort of a Nick Lache thing going maybe? I bet they're cute together!



Odd - Blogger's not providing the "click for larger version" of the picture here...so here's a link to the original photo, with all sorts of other fun cast members from the Ojai Playwrights Conference 2006 Winter Benefit Performance:

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Peter said...

But he did grow up looking pretty fine, you have ot admit!

Harry and Eddie said...

A lot of us had heard about him years ago, so it came as no surprise that he announced it the other day. What troubles me is that he had to make a statement at all. Whose business is it anyway? If everyone who's dabbled owned up to it, there'd be no one left in Hollywood.

Anonymous said...

no suprise for me.. Never was attracted to him..

Hey what did you think of last nights Heroes episode?? WOW way better than last weeks..

Jeph said...

So it's kinda sounding like I'm the last person to know ... :( And here I think I'm usually fairly caught up with what's going on with a lot of these fun news bits (mostly thanks to the blogging world).

Alison - whatever you do, don't reveal ANY info about Heroes from last nite!!!! PLEEEEASE! Brett was out late at a work function, and by the time he got home it was too late to start watching and I was slaying wolves and bats in World of Warcraft. Watching Heroes is definitely on our agenda tonite (after I get done playing taxi service from the Cleveland airport for a friend).

It IS interesting that you enjoyed it so much - dad emailed this morning saying he was somewhat disappointed by last nite's episode! Guess I'll just have to wait and see what I think of it, eh? :)

Anonymous said...

The market for Hollywood gossip sure does take its toll, huh? It's his private life, but since he's a public person, it's also "our" business.

(pondering...)

the ginger tabby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the ginger tabby said...

I didn't know either, Jeph, but then I'm usually the last to know about Hollywood gossip! I think he's rather cute :)