Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Don't laugh, but...

...I periodically check to see whatever happened to Bucky Covington from last season's American Idol, and was excited to hear it was going to actually get a recording contract!

Well, word is out - his new album's going to be released April 17, and I'll seriously have to consider buying it! Now the samples I've heard at the first of the following two sites aren't the best, but it could certainly grow on me...

http://www.myspace.com/buckycovington

http://www.buckycovingtonmusic.com


I happen to have his Idol covers of Stevie Wonder's 'Superstition' and Pat Green's 'Wave on Wave' on my iPod, and I really do like listening to them! Heck, I'd never even HEARD 'Wave on Wave' before Bucky covered it.

If you are an American Idol fan, or if you just watched parts of last season, or if you're a country fan - what are your thoughts on Bucky? I have to admit the first time I saw him I thought he looked like an escaped convict and I wanted him off immediately. But he grew on me, even though it bothered me he didn't enunciate well. Did we really need someone on there who often sounded like he had a mouth full of marbles? But I enjoyed watching him grow as the season progressed, and found I really liked him and most of his songs. So, yeah, I might just have to get his new album! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice to see that Bucky grows on normal people and not just we "fan-girly" types! I love all of his songs and his single is sitting at 43 on the country charts today and moving up steadily.

Peter said...

Bucky? Oh, Jeph. No really: Oh, Jeph.

Jeph said...

Hi bunny! LOL Are you a fan-girly?? Is that a good thing or a bad thing???

And no Peter, I wasn't DROOLING over him - trust me!!! Not that kinda interest this time. (I know - SHOCKING, hunh?)

Anonymous said...

Thank so much for the nice Bucky post! It is nice to see him picking up casual listeners. I too love his version of Wave on Wave.

Jeph said...

Oh wow - someone from Team Covington already found my entry on Bucky!? Yeow - that didn't take any time at all - I'm honored for the visit and comments, and wonder if I should go back and clean out my "original opinions" comments of the guy!? LOL Nah, I guess I gotta be honest - and as I've said many times now, I didn't think I would like him, but he totally won me over!

cathie said...

Bucky is a hoot! He is one of the most charming people I have ever met, and I love his songs, all of them. I was not a country music fan before, but I am now! Go, Bucky!