Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Come out, come out, where ever you are!

I haven't been posting progress of my seedlings as well as I'd planned, but I HAVE been taking pictures periodically... You'll notice and odd light to most of the pictures below - that's just the florescent light they're under...sorry, but I'm too lazy to shut off their light and drag them out from under it each time they're ready for a modeling session.

Monday, March 26
- this flat is just getting ready to be seeded...



Wednesday, March 28 - come out, come out, where ever you are! I see basil seedlings JUST starting to peek up from their beds...



Thursday, March 29th
- those basil seedlings are making a little more progress. Starting seeds seems to have things happen in spurts...just give 'em a liiiittle more time!


Sunday, April 1st - Whoa - check it out! Now I've got tons of basil seedlings (foreground, left), and even tomato seedlings that are about an inch tall! The basil have finally filled in fairly consistently (even though I've got maybe 6 varieties, and they had different starting speeds), and the tomatoes were real spotty! I'm starting to think I might need to reseed some of them. The peppers and some of the other herbs were REAL slow. And the parsley? They still hadn't popped up by the time these pics were taken!



Monday, April 2nd - tomatoes! Looks like they're just about ready for harvest, eh? ;-) And actually, in the second pic below, the taller, spindlier seedlings to the right are the peppers - they seem to have jumped up with a real growth spurt!



Wednesday, April 4th - no new pics, but I did see some parsley seedlings just starting to peek out - yay!

4 comments:

Peter said...

Is it bad of me that when I saw the first photo I thought they were doughnuts?

Dirty Fingernails said...

Looking good Jeph! I put some wildflower ones out and now we are supposed to FREEZE tonight. One of the latest freezes in ATL in decades.. Last night i had to cover it all up.. That was a task..

Dirty Fingernails said...

oh and before I forget I scored 18 old DC comic books from the thrift store for 50 cents each.. The Justice League and others from the lated 70's.. Nostalgia for my hubby and me.. I will post pics soon. I figured you would appreciate my find.. They had the DC comic star trek ones, I left them.. As I don't do star trek..:)

the ginger tabby said...

Nice seedlings. Thanks for sharing their growth process so far!