Friday, September 14, 2007

The Bionic Woman

We knew the Bionic Woman remake was coming out this fall, and scheduled to start sometime in the next two weeks, along with all the other fall season shows. I was a bit more excited about it (being a junkie of all those old classic tv shows), but both Brett and I were also skeptical. Odds are, it would flop.

Then Brett noticed it was showing up on Time Warner Road Runner's HD On Demand. WHAT!? Well hell, I knew what WE were doing tonite!!!

So we just finished watching it and, wow, that was pretty darn good! My only real probably was volume issues - seems they were always cranking up the background sounds (music, special effects noises, rain) so they were louder than the characters voices, so we had to keep rewinding to actually hear what was being said. Brett blames this on it being a pilot. I hope so.

I'm a bit disappointed that the only carry through from the old show is the name Jaime Sommers, the fact she's a bionic woman, and that she's got the same bionic parts (right eye, right ear, right arm, and both legs) - but there's no Oscar Goldman, and more importantly, there appear to be no bionic noises. Bummer.

But I can live with it - especially if the series continues to be as good as the pilot.

Oh, and Katee Sackhoff, Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica, sure makes a fun psycho first Bionic Woman! So I guess maybe she's not a fembot. I hope they have fembots. Fembots rock! ;-)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Michelle Ryan has great hair!