Saturday, September 22, 2007

Following in my father's footsteps

"You're FILTHY! You better strip off in the laundry room! Do NOT put those dirty clothes in the laundry basket with our other clothes!!!"

Great. That's what DAD hears when he comes in covered in dirt and grass clippings and such. Or maybe he just knows that's the routine now? I tell ya - the FIRST TIME Brett went with me to visit my folks, dad went darting through in his underwear while we were sitting in the living room talking with mom. Nice way to make a first impression, hunh?

At least we didn't have company over today! ;-)

BTW - how do you like my ankle tan-lines?

And why on earth does my BELLY have so much stain? I hope it's not a sign it sticks out too far!? Actually, I think it's because I was hauling dirty bags of manure, top soil, and peat around.

6 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

Yikes! Someone was busy in the garden, eh? :)

Peter said...

Um, woof?

Wow, that is a dramatic tan line!

So, a busy weekend for you, I'm thinking....

Jeph said...

That was day #1. I'll be doing more of the same today and probably tomorrow. Or, if I can get it all done today, tomorrow will be a day of rest! I'm not counting on that happening. It's 11am and we haven't bothered to leave the house or even eat yet, so most likely we'll run out for food before getting the wood to put together a couple more raised beds. Glad you like the tan line! ;-)

Andy said...

WOW - you have been busy... wanna come out to our place and do the same - looks great!

Jeph said...

Today I tilled up a new bed, worked in a bunch of cart loads of top soil, tilled it again, dug holes and planted 5 arborvitae. Then mulched and planted fall colored mums at either end. (I took pics, but am too tired post)

Then I removed all the mulch from the front bed in the middle of the yard, added a bunch of carts worth of top soil (wow, it needed it!), planted it with a bunch of purple/pink/yellow flowered, mostly silvery foliaged perennials, and put the mulch back.

I'm tiiiiiiiiiiired!

the ginger tabby said...

...and after you fix up his garden, you can come over to mine!