Thursday, May 08, 2008

Presents from Mary!?

So last summer, after we moved into the new construction house with the barren lot we would someday call a lawn with landscaping, Mary had me come over and very generously let me take splits off've lots of her growies. Heck, I had to turn down many things just because there wasn't enough room in the back of my CR-V!!! (And/or, let's be honest, I think Mary would grow weeds and fall in love with them and want to share!)

One thing she gave me were these irises (oh wow - I didn't know they'd be almost white - pretty!)



Gee, what's that down at the base of the iris??


Hmmm...I think we have a problem here. And another concern - it seems the same passenger came along for a ride at the base of some chives she gave me:


MAAAAAAAARY!!!! ALL OF YOUR PLANTS ARE *INFECTED* WITH MINT!!!!

LOL Good thing I love the stuff. I'm seriously going to have to dig up these plants and quarantine them while I work the mint out of their systems!!

3 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

We had to corner off our mint, too. It really does grow rapidly and everywhere! Ironically, our mint was next to our chive plant, too.

Sharon Andy Holderman said...

hey, maybe she knows you'll take all sorts of growies, and the mint caught on, and decided they wanted to branch out and see the world!!!

Anonymous said...

Deer Mr Guy.
Thnak you for all these foodies.
UR a nice guy for making us have fuller bellies and stomachs, all of them.
UR good.
Keep planting things for us to munch.
Love the spices too.
Your four legged friends.