Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Roasting beans - Finny Style!

Mmmmm....don't these look good?


I can't actually give Finny FULL credit for these - she got the recipe from the book I sent her! But I have to admit I don't know if I would've tried making them without someone recommending them - and they're WELL worth the recommendation. And SO easy to make!

Just crank up the oven to 450F, cover a sheet pan with foil (to make clean up a bit easier), toss on the cleaned green beans, drizzle on olive oil and stir them around in it, and then roast for 15 min or so, stirring once or twice while they cook. Then sprinkle on some coarse salt as they come out.

We've made these twice now, and both times I doctored it up a bit. The first time I tossed in some cherry tomatoes before they went in the oven, and then used a garlic press to squeeze a garlic clove onto the beans near the end of their roasting time, and put them back in the oven for a few minutes.

The second time I added the garlic and a minced cayenne pepper to the beans before they went in, plus drizzled on some sesame oil, soy sauce and a little garlic salt.

Both ways are REALLY good - give 'em a try!

2 comments:

FinnyKnits said...

This recipe is so good and easy, I've made them three times since discovering the recipe in My Fabulous Book Gifted by My Fabulous Stalker.

I will be having them tonight as well, alongside penne tossed with The Best Sauce Ever.

OH HOW I LOVE GARDEN SEASON.

Peter said...

Cool. I'll have to give them a go sometime.

I have a hankering to bake more cookies, but I don't quite have the ingredients I need. Darn it!