Sunday, October 26, 2008

Getting ready for Halloween III

So what does one do when they bring home lots of bails of straw? Well, it's double duty. The long-term plans are for garden improvement - I'll put some on the garden in a week or two (after manure and before tilling?) to improve the soil quality over winter. And some will sit over winter to just rot and be tilled in in the spring (I think that's how dad recommends it?). And the short term usage? Well - Doogie helped with that...


After piling the bails of straw up for fall decorating before the Halloween party, and putting some out on the back deck for seating, I scattered pumpkins, mums, etc around just to look more inviting and fall-festive. (Need some pics of the deck!) Oh, and because they make such a nice photo op, I convince Doogie he needed a fall picture outside...


"Ok, I did my part...now where are the trick-or-treaters with all the candy!?"

No comments: