Sunday, October 05, 2008

Getting ready for Halloween

Are you feeling it? It's just around the corner...





Dude, it seriously doesn't get gayer than this. I'm willing to admit it. I made a wreathe inspired from Martha Stewart Living magazine. Yes. I did. I can admit it. AND I like it!!!

After buying the styrofoam wreathe form and first two bags of reindeer moss last weekend, I proceeded to drop a massive pumpkin on the wreathe form in the car and broke it into four pieces. Thankfully it glues back together nicely! Brett had to pick up an extra bag of reindeer moss for me midweek. Oh, and I broke the old hot glue gun early in the week, and so upgraded to a bigger, tougher one (ok, the new one cost $9.95 - and it was top-of-the-line at Walmart - they're cheap!). With all the other excitement lately, I FINALLY got to finish the wreath this morning. Now hopefully anyone coming to our front door will know Halloween's almost here!

4 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

I actually quite like the Halloween wreath...there's something oddly appealing about it. Cheers! (or should I say Boo!?)

Jeph said...

"Boo" back atchya! ;-)

FinnyKnits said...

Wow. Jeph. Over the top, my friend.

If I were allowed to have a wreath (Bubba is a holiday decoration NAZI - scary), I might copy you.

But only YOU, not Martha. I hate that woman-thing.

Jeph said...

Whaaaaat? Ok, I know you guys like to keep it tame compared to the neighborhood with glitzy lights for Christmas, but No decorating? Or only what Bubba specifically approves of?