Sunday, October 05, 2008

Wienies and ribs

While I don't have many non-orchard fun pics of Sharon and Andy's visit Saturday, I DID manage to take pics of the big plate-o-smoked-meat before we dug into it, plus a picture of the bacon bread posted on Finny's site that I made ('cause, hey, it looked too good to resist!)

The bacon bread, with a ton of white cheddar and a touch of sage, was beautiful to look at. It tasted good, but none of us went apeshit over it as we expected. Finny and her husband Bubba had it as the bread for BLTs - I might still have to try this. I think the cheese in the bread must make what would normally be a tender, fragile quick bread into something more bound together. We all thought it tasted sort of like "breakfast", mostly because of the bacon in it?


The meat was a rack of smoked ribs, plus 5 varieties of sausages/brats that were on the smoker about an hour. Mmmmm tasty good! I'm still working on getting comfortable with ribs - this batch was a bit scorchy (from their last few min on the grill), and could've definitely been saucier.

4 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

Yummy...mouth-watering sausages! I haven't had any in a long while :(

Jeph said...

The beer brats on the smoker were my favorites!

FinnyKnits said...

The sausages look AMAZING. YUM.

The bread, we found, was better after a night in the fridge. It solidifies a bit and makes for better toast. Breakfast sandwich?

Jeph said...

Oh yeah, it definitely firms up once all that cheese melted throughout it has more chance to solidify!