Tuesday, November 11, 2008

One BAJILLION pet photos...

You've been warned!

I'm so far behind on decent blog entries, and I figured I'd take "just a few minutes" to put some of the latest photos on the blog, and started skimming through what I've unloaded from the camera. (Note: The camera card is full AGAIN and those haven't even been transferred to the computer!) Gee, it's either really involved food entries, where I post pics and recipes for some REALLY kick-ass dishes I've made lately (promise - they're coming soon!), ooooor some brain-candy posts of cute pets. Oh hell, EVERYONE loves animals of one sort or another, right? Some love all animals, while others are cat-haters or dog-haters... This should cover all the bases!

But seriously - you were warned. There's ALOT of photos here! Thankfully, after washing off dirty-Doogie's paws from digging in my beds a short while ago, all the animals are finally napping, so I can take the time to do this!

Ahhh...I remember a time when things were more like this around here - just peace, quiet and napping kitties.


And then we introduced this guy:


And now life is typically more like THIS (notice the wagging tongue and at least one paw about to clobber into something):


The new guy has added some discontent into the house...


There's often someone glaring at someone, or someone about to get pounced on...


Heck, even when I'm trying to work at home, there's often some of this going on...


Thankfully, Doogie can spend HOURS doing this:


But when he's not so occupied, there's often more of THIS going on:


And some of this:


And I'm usually getting glared at because I brought Doogie into the house:


Seriously - there's almost constant motion.


For the most part, we let the critters work it out amongst themselves...


I think that look would put me in my place as well!


Sometimes Doogie just wants to play - while the cats just don't quite get the whole "here's my toy! do you want to play with my toy? my toy! you can play with it! here! I'll bring it to you again!" thing...


BTW - you may have noticed Halloween stuff in many of these pics. Like I said, I'm behind on posting...and all the Halloween stuff JUST got crated down to the basement today! (Don't make fun of me! Heck, I saw Lisa putting up her Christmas tree in her living room next door just yesteday!)


Anyhow, where was I? Oh yeah...what you don't see in this next picture is Doogie zooming around (Ed, Doogie's Family Puppy I instructor, says it's officially called The Puppy Zooms, and Doogie gets 'em BAAAD).


Seriously, I don't think Doogie's as intimidated as he looks here...


BTW - our little baby is going through some changes. You can see here he's getting his adult teeth. Just last nite while he was gnawing on my hand (GENTLY now) while we were watching TV, a bloody back tooth fell out on me. GROSS! No wonder he was chewing on me so much...


GRAAAAR! LOOK FIERCE!


And now be cute again!


Now be cute AND fierce!


Btw - it IS possible to instill peace....here it's done with strawberry flavored yogurt. (Moxie couldn't bring herself to join this peace treaty...she's not ready for that yet, and had her yogurt in the other room)


I think this is Simon giving his approval?


Sometimes Doogie doesn't get food the boring way - out of a bowl. Instead he gets THIS cool invention, recommended by North Coast Dogs. We call it "Dinner Ball" - you put their food (dry only, please!) in a hole, and it rattles around inside. Doogie can push this all around the room, with food OCCASIONALLY falling out, which he gobbles right up. When he gets to a corner of the room, or behind a sofa, he picks it up, bring it to the exact middle of the room, and starts over again. Cute! AND it keeps him busy!


But when he's not busy entertaining himself?


Then he's busy trying to entertain the cats! ;-)


He's discovered the fireplace now that the weather's cooling off...he REALLY likes the fireplace! (Actually, as I type this, Tucker's passed out on Doogie's new giant dog pillow in front of the fire)


Doogie even gets Brett to go out in the yard occasionally!


Here I think Doogie's showing Brett all the places he likes to poop?


And while the dog's outside? REST TIME!


Playing rough really wears the pooch out as well!


And being tired makes him EXTRA CUTE!


And perhaps contemplative?


We like it when he's like this! ;-)


Buuuuut then he wants to play again once his batteries are recharged.


And then he's tired again! (He's started napping on the sofa for awhile, then sliding off as if his backlegs down work, and partially tucking himself under the sofa - REALLY cute!)


Everyone's cute when they nap!


Oh, btw - we had a little extra excitement last week... See this ductwork system here in the basement?


Guess who found her way in it, then got lost/trapped, and was meowing for help!? I heard "voices" in the walls - and have on more than one occasion! I think Brett thought I was crazy. We've since found the hidden hole and plugged it up - no more cleaning out the ductwork, Moxie!


On rare occasion, these two will still chill out together - SO CUTE when they do this!


Am I talking too much about cats and dogs? Ok. Um. OH! Guess what? We had BLUE BIRDS in the backyard last week! VERY cool! Only saw them the one day, but I haven't been paying close attention... Hopefully they'll be back!


The cats aren't the only ones pestered by Doogie... (More on this in a bit - pics are out of order...)


Moxie's still the least friendly with Doogie. She doesn't chase him. She doesn't swat. She just hisses and growls. ALOT!


This is what she'd rather be doing...


Don't you just wanna smooch this!?


SUPER cute when SUPER close up! (That little nick on his nose is from when Tucker and Simon were wrestling a couple weeks ago)


Simon would rather NOT wrestle with Doogie...


Honestly - he doesn't even like to SEE Doogie! (No, our curtains aren't that tattered - that's Halloween decoration)


Sometimes ya just wanna chill out...


But now that we have a dog, this is more what our lives are like!


Oh sorry - were you trying to rest? LET'S PLAY!!!!

3 comments:

FinnyKnits said...

Poor Brett - no napping on Psycho Doggie Time!

Jeph said...

No kidding... We almost have to take turns giving the other a chance to chill out away from Hyper-Pup. NOW I know what it's like for people with babies!

Andy said...

BLUEBIRDS - NO WAY!

:)