Sunday, December 07, 2008

Bark, Bark!

Nope, not Doogie barks - peppermint barks!

Had some melting chocolates that need to be used up, and I've been seeing catalog listings for peppermint bark - perfect inspiration!

Bark #1 - Just plain ol' chocolate and busted up peppermint straws - more simple as Brett would like it.


And bark #2 - dark chocolate, topped with white chocolate that I added peppermint extract to, and then topped in the crushed peppermint. (Brett doesn't like white chocolate - and I've noticed many people feel the same)


There's something beautiful about peppermint candy on top of chocolate!


My white chocolate might've gone on a little too soon - or maybe I tampered with it too much - the dark chocolate and white chocolates started to mix, so it wasn't quite a "pristine white" on top. OH WELL - still tastes good! ;-)


And I loooove Silpats - they're great for this sort of thing!

2 comments:

Peter said...

I'll do simple cut out cookies and maybe some biscotti in the next couple of nights. We'll see what I can get done. The cut outs are for Conrad's sister, and that's the only person I intend to do them for this year.

Jeph said...

Don't ask me WHY I did it after almost swearing-off this year, but yesterday I made the dough for double batches each of snickerdoodles, chocolate crinkles and sugar cookies. Also tried new receipes for choc ganache-filled choc thumbprints, snowballs, and cherry mash bars. Made one burnt batch, and one undercooked batch, of peanut brittle (what's up with that?!) Got plenty of work ahead of me tonite!

I blame you! ;-)