Friday, December 26, 2008

Chicken alfredo pizza - soooo goooooood!

I recently needed to clear up some space in the chest freezer, and so pulled out a BOGO chicken I'd had in there for awhile. Thawed it out, and decided to crockpot it for a change. That left me with A LOT of chicken meat to use up - so we've had it in a variety of things this past week. One of those was a really good chicken tetrazzini recipe, which I got from the surprisingly handy Rotisserie Chickens to the Rescue!, which I also got Sharon awhile back. If you like rotisserie chickens (they're fast, cheap, and tasty!), this book will give you some fun alternatives for when you're in a rut.

Now here's a recipe I DIDN'T get from the book, but maybe it should be in there! Just a little something I came up with, starting with inspiration from Joe over at Culinary in the Desert - chicken alfredo pizza.


I thawed out a blob of my favorite pizza dough, let it rise a bit, patted it out, and topped with with some jarred alfredo sauce, some crumbled bacon I'd nuked, some freshly teamed broccoli, pieces of the cooked chicken, some shredded mozzarella, the rest of the bacon and a little more alfredo and baked it up. YUM!

And I learned a handy new trick recently. If you use a pizza peel and a pizza stone, and like I used to do, manage to get cornmeal sprinkled all over your oven to burn when it's used to slide the pizza dough around - try this instead. Make your pizza on a piece of parchment paper on your pizza peel (or even the non-rimmed side of a cookie sheet), and slide the pizza + parchment paper onto the pizza stone. Then when it's time to come out, just lift the parchment paper up a bit (I find it doesn't feel hot to the touch) and slide it onto your peel. EASY!!

No comments: