Saturday, January 17, 2009

Frosty Flakes

While we were running errands last week, Brett needed to run into Petsmart with a return and I decided to just sit in the car. I had been a bit bummed because it seems all our snow had stopped, but then it started sleeting, which turned into bigger, firmer flakes falling from the sky. While I was sitting in the car, I tried taking some close-up macro shots of what was landing on the windshield - looks like these guys started off as snowflakes...


...but got a bit too icy instead!






It was really cool seeing all the icy flakes landing on the windshield - none were quite perfect, but they were still beautiful in their own way.

4 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

That's so amazing that you captured it on camera!!

Peter said...

I agree - you need to tell us what sort of camera you have. We need a new one before our NZ trip.

Jeph said...

Thanks guys!

Someone actually asked me the same thing over on Facebook, and I didn't quite have it right - but now I have the camera in front of me. It's the Canon Powershot SD700 IS, Digital Elph.

I'm actually thinking about taking it in to the local camera service store and asking what it would cost for a dismantling/cleaning... Not that I ever use it, but the view finder hole is FULL of dust, and I can only imagine what the rest of the camera is like. This thing's been out to community gardens, survived a move and lawn installation (hot and dusty!), been out in the garden and dirt, and survived pet nose collisions, and rain and snow... Still holding up great! It looks like this is the latest version of the one I have:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015DPJ5W?ie=UTF8&tag=jephsspot-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0015DPJ5W

Peter said...

Jeph, send a note to Conrad, if you could. He's the techie in our little coupledom, so he'd appreciate hearing about this. Please.