Tuesday, January 13, 2009

More snow - YAAAAAAAAAY!

We've had quite a bit of snow since this past Friday afternoon! Definitely the most we've had so far this winter... Here's Brett using our WOOOOONDERFUL snowblower on the snow we just got over Friday nite/Saturday morning!


I have to say this is one of the most beautiful winter sites! A THICK fresh blanket of snow cut through at 90 degree angles!


Look how tall it is - it's almost up to Brett's butt!


Saturday morning - yay, time to run out and go potty!


Tucker: "Um, ok, I've changed my mind - I don't see the thrill in this..."


Super cute pic of Doogie returning from "his space" in the yard... You'll notice the snow's building up on the deck again!


Midday Saturday - skies cleared up a little...


...but we sure had a lot of snow!


These two are really doing well together most of the time, and when not, well, Tucker's getting more exercise!


Here's Tucker scrambling his way for the safety of the deck chairs...


Annnnnd he's almost made it!


Doogie: "Um, now what?"


"Can you get him out from under there? I still want to play!"


Sunday morning...


Not much fresh snow, just still pretty and white!



Monday: Tucker decides it's easier to stay in and nap...


Tuesday afternoon: here we go again!


This is the afternoon I took Doogie out for some serious rough housing in the yard, then restocked the bird feeders, and shoveled out a fresh path on the deck so he could get out to the yard easily again (the stairs had started getting trecherous). Then we went for a walk around part of the neighborhood (I didn't want him out on the snow and ice TOO long - not sure what his feet can handle!). Heck, I about feel three times just walking on the snow on the road (turns out there's a sheet of compacted ice under all that snow!) Then I put him back inside and I used the snow blower on our driveway, sidewalk, and the neighbor's driveway...


I promise - there's garden beds under all that snow! Time to start planning what veggies I'll be growing this year!


The birds don't seem to mind the snow too much...


We're supposed to have temps down to 4F tonite, 8F tomorrow nite, -2 Thursday nite, and 2 Friday nite! And that doesn't include windchill! Heck, the high for Friday is only going to be 5F!! Brrrrr! I'm loving it!

2 comments:

Peter said...

There's a rude comment to be made about Brett and blowing, I somehow think, but I'll refrain from defiling your blog that way.

We're in the middle of the latest round of snow here.

Jeph said...

And it's coming our way!!!